Baking cakes is a stress buster for me. Really, I could be having the most challenging of days but once the cake tin is sitting pretty in the oven – all’s well with the world.
For afternoon tea, I have always relied on Banana Bread. Whilst I still stand by that recipe, it is always a good idea to try something new. That’s how I got to bake some bread featuring the ‘super ingredient’ of the hour – Coconut.
The bread turned out to be so delicious that 3 slices were polished of by dear ol’ me in one go. A word of caution, don’t do that as the cake is pretty filling. Out of the word delicious but very filling.
Coconut Cream Bread Made Easy!
Level of Cooking: Entry Level
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1 ⅓ cups Caster Sugar
1 cup unsalted Butter or Margarine, softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence or paste
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 ½ cups Self-raising Flour
½ cup desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 150°C and prepare a loaf tin with oil and flour.
- In a food processor, whisk together caster sugar and butter (or margarine) for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs one by one, mixing well on low speed.
- Next add coconut milk, self-raising flour and desiccated coconut and mix on a medium speed until just combined.
- Pour the Coconut Bread batter into the loaf tin prepared earlier and bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through.