You would have to be living on another planet if you have not heard of Kayla Itsines.
She is an absolute legend.
I admire her for what she stands for – inspiring women to be the best version of themselves. Honestly, I am yet to try out her #bbg fitness program but one day I will.
Until that day comes, I will take solace in each bite of this incredible No Sugar Raspberry and Cashew Cheesecake recipe that Kayla has come up with. I have taken the liberty of tweaking it only slightly.
No Sugar Raspberry & Cashew Cheesecake
Level of Cooking: Medium
Serves: 12 generous slices
Time: 20 minutes plus soaking for 2 hours
½ cup Coconut, desiccated
15 Dates, pitted
½ cup Almonds
1 tablespoon Cacao powder
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 cups Cashews, soaked for 2 hours in hot water
½ cup Coconut oil
1/4 cup Honey
200g Greek Yoghurt, or Indian yoghurt (hung)
2 tablespoons Coconut, desiccated
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup Raspberries (thaw completely if using frozen)
Keep some dessicated coconut and raspberries aside to garnish
- Line a cake tin or dessert dish with baking paper. I used a 20cm cake tin.
- In a blender jar, blend all ingredients of the base and spread evenly in to the cake tin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- While the base is getting set, rinse the blender jar and transfer the cheesecake filling ingredients except the raspberries into it. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour half of this mixture on top of the cheesecake base in the cake tin. Return the cake tin to the refrigerator.
- Add the raspberries to the blender into the remaining cheesecake filling and blend. Pour on top of the white cheesecake layer. You may want to garnish the cheesecake with dessicated coconut and raspberries
- Keep the Cheesecake in the freezer for 2 hours, allowing it to set completely. Once, the cheesecake comes out smoothly from the cake tin.
- Allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30-40 minutes before cutting into slices and serving. Enjoy!